More About Us
At ABERA we work hard for our customer and we are constantly looking for new solutions.
With our no-nonsense mentality, years of experience and our storage and freezing capacity, we can serve every player on the market.
We also add value to the customer’s product through the extra actions such as quality control and packaging options.
Etablissement Abera uses energy responsibly and considers sustainability of paramount importance.
Our factory is approved for export to many destinations throughout the world:
EEC, China, Switzerland, Russia, South Africa, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Singapore and many other countries worldwide.
Boost your Business
We are specialists in primary and secondary pork processing. Our site is located at Saint-Brice-en-Coglès in Brittany.
Abera is built on its own special features, which are characterised by:
- An ability to offer Tailored products and services
- Brands with certified quality: Porc Armorique, Bleu Blanc Coeur
- Product freshness (scheduling & logistics carcass A for A)
- Responsiveness and a high level of service
- Taking animal welfare into consideration, we use CO2 stunning before slaughtering the pigs, which allows the stress experienced by the animals to be reduced and produces a unique quality of meat.
- An innovative facility with vertical lifting by the shoulders for the primary cutting, which reduces the strenuous nature of the work and optimises meat quality
Quality assurance: The basis for trust
Regular neutral controls warrant compliance with high quality standards. This applies to raw materials, final products and also the production process. In order to fulfil the high quality demands made by their customers, Abera slaughtering and cutting businesses operate on the basis of continuous HACCP concepts, and are regularly certified in the framework of various quality assurance systems. These also include the International Food Standard (IFS) and the QS test system for food products.
The IFS serves for uniform inspection of food safety and the quality standard of food producers. It applies to all production levels following on from agricultural production that
process food products.
The QS system stands for total quality assurance, from the field and shed to the shop counter. Special requirements are stipulated for all QS partners to warrant safe meat production and marketing. Every marketing level can rely on the fact that the preceding level has complied with the defined standards. All participants in the system assume their own responsibility for fulfilling the requirements by means of extensive in-house controls and documentation. In addition, neutral certification bodies regularly check compliance with all system requirements.